Sunday May 25, 2014
Portland OR (location TBA)
Please email newnarratives2014 at hotmail dot com to register, or for more information
New Narratives 2014 is a trans woman-only discussion about the ways in which current trans theory harms trans women, and reconciling the goals of gender abolition with the reality of the gendered world we are currently living in.
In this day-long workshop, we will discuss our experiences at Radfems Respond, talk about how our conceptions of trans existence have changed over the course of time, develop new narratives of transition that are healthier and more ethical, drink craft beer, and make new friends.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- the difference between sex and gender
- how and when can we set boundaries around our community?
- healing from the trauma of being gender-nonconforming
- victimization as validation – and how to get past it
- viability of identity politics in real life
- what if you don’t pass? what if you do?
- removing the bullying from trans activism
- ways trans women would benefit from gender abolition